The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Conversion Issue
Russ Money Offline

Threads: 25
Full Conversion Issue

I'm toying around with making my custom story into a full conversion, add a custom menu map and pre-loader. I copied main_init file and renamed it to "lacaza_main_init.cfg" Which is inside the config sub-folder. I created a La Caza.bat leading to "Amnesia.exe config/lacaza_main_init.cfg" I goto launch it, it works. Though it's Amnesia that plays when I start a new game.

So, I changed this on my lacaza_main_init.cfg:
<StartMap
    File = "intro.map"
    Folder = "maps/lacaza/"
    Pos = "intro"
/>

Run the La Caza.bat and it loads my map when I start a new game, though none of the notes have the information for the .lang file. So I tried to emulate the main lang, and ptest for that matter. I made a sub-folder in config so it's like this: config\lang_lc and place my extra_english.lang inside, renaming it english.lang. Went back to the main_init.cfg and changed it to read this:
<Directories  
    MainSaveFolder = "Main"

BaseLanguageFolder = "config/"        
    GameLanguageFolder = "config/lang_lc/"

CustomStoryPath = "custom_stories"
/>

I didn't change the DefaultBaseLanguage = "base_english.lang" and DefaultGameLanguage = "english.lang". But now when I run my La Caza.bat, I get this error:
Amnesia.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module Amnesia.exe at 001B:004A6C98

I can change it back to "config/lang_main/" and run the bare map. Is it possible that I'm missing something inside my .lang file?

04-14-2011, 05:17 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Full Conversion Issue - by Russ Money - 04-14-2011, 05:17 AM
RE: Full Conversion Issue - by Thomas - 04-14-2011, 08:23 AM
RE: Full Conversion Issue - by Russ Money - 04-14-2011, 08:31 AM