Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia Demo - No cursor visible while interacting with objects
hiben Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Amnesia Demo - No cursor visible while interacting with objects

(04-26-2011, 06:24 AM)jens Wrote: What you described is the intended behavior!

Huh ok, now I am confused...

I was complaining about this behaviour in the general discussion forum and there users told me that they see a cursor while interacting with objects. So I thought this would be some graphics issue...

My problem is that I am using a Trackball - well, that is not really my problem but it seems to be an 'incompatible' input device for Amnesia.
This Trackball is of the kind where you roll a large ball with your thumb while your fingers control the buttons. I can play FPS and other fast paced games very well with it - there is always the feedback loop that tells my thumb what to do next - in the good old observe-evaluate-plan-execute way.

The 'observe' state is kind of suboptimal in Amnesia because I can only observe something after I executed something...

Sorry for this half-rant... I am a HCI guy...

So what I get is: 'Deal with it!'/'Mouse or GTFO!' Wink
04-26-2011, 08:59 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia Demo - No cursor visible while interacting with objects - by hiben - 04-26-2011, 08:59 AM