The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Several editor questions
BlueFalkon Offline

Threads: 3
Several editor questions

I've been doing a decent job with learning the editor on my own but there's a few things that are driving me nuts. I'm also very new to scripting, and even after viewing the main maps in the game I have no clue how scripts work.

The following questions will sound extremely novice, forgive me:

1) How do you adjust the snapping of objects in the editor? The fact that every object moves by 0.25 is very annoying and I hate having to guess by manually entering numbers for the position down to the hundredths. I find it difficult to lean a book or a candle holder up against something for example and I'm sure I'm doing something wrong because for me it's almost impossible.

2) I have a particular room where upon entering I want two things to happen. I want a door at the far end of the room to open with a gust of wind (or possibly just creak open) and I want a painting to fall off the wall. How would I set up a script for this and what would it be? Of course, I also want that typical insanity effect where the player's vision will focus on the event and zoom/blur like in the game.

3) I put a monster in a room to test and see how it works. I start the game in the adjacent room, the music is on and I hear the grunts. Examining the monster, it does nothing but stand still. If I throw a chair at the door, it will break through but just stand there again. I move to another room and repeat the action. It breaks down another door and just stands there. It won't wander and it doesn't bother seeking me out, nor does it disappear on its own if I go very far away.

I have some more questions but I don't want to dump it all right now, I'd like to settle these things first.
05-03-2011, 02:30 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Several editor questions - by BlueFalkon - 05-03-2011, 02:30 AM
RE: Several editor questions - by Tanshaydar - 05-03-2011, 03:09 AM
RE: Several editor questions - by Kyle - 05-03-2011, 03:09 AM
RE: Several editor questions - by ricky horror - 05-03-2011, 03:09 AM
RE: Several editor questions - by Kyle - 05-03-2011, 03:11 AM
RE: Several editor questions - by BlueFalkon - 05-03-2011, 03:58 AM
RE: Several editor questions - by Kyle - 05-03-2011, 04:02 AM
RE: Several editor questions - by Roenlond - 05-03-2011, 07:08 AM