Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Gas lid??what gas lid?
nun Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Gas lid??what gas lid?

(04-05-2007, 09:58 AM)stAtic15 Wrote:
Nuverian Wrote:I thought there was a lid ON the machine that I had to open and pour the gas inside...

Haha, no worries, I thought the same Smile

See. That's the problem.

I remember getting stuck here before when I've originally played the game, and after obtaining the game for the Nth time (i love penumbra, closest thing to half-life1/thief) during humble-bundle...

I am replaying it now and was stuck again (my memory is like something with a great many small holes) and had to google and come upon here for the answer.

I believe it is a linguistic problem that could be easily fixed.

I understand that the game is v1.1 and the developers are focusing all efforts on Amnesia, but if any updates are possible to be made to Penumbra, I believe this would be an easy suggestion to implement.

In fact, I've nearly done all the work for you.

In the file:
\Penumbra Overture\redist\config\English.lang

line #712:
The lid on the gas can is rusted shut. I'd better have something that can get it open, or I'll be down here for a long time.

changed to:
The lid on my gas canister is rusted shut. I better have something that can get it open, or I'll be down here for a long time.

File attached.

Attached Files
.zip   English.zip (Size: 53.9 KB / Downloads: 156)
07-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Gas lid??what gas lid? - by Nuverian - 04-05-2007, 02:22 AM
RE: Gas lid??what gas lid? - by Yuhaney - 07-08-2010, 12:54 PM