Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Play sound when walking?
Nye Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Play sound when walking?

(06-14-2011, 12:24 AM)ZortaEnzane Wrote: Is it possible to make a specific sound to play whenever the player takes a step? (other than the footstep sound of course, and I don't this sound to replace the footsteps either if that's at all possible)

To be more precise, say I wanted it to sound like there are chains dragging along with you... how would I do that?

Besides doing some sort of full-conversion; I can think of some vague idea. I suppose you could create several columned areas across the map, eg. 30 script areas in columned strips. Each time the player collides with a strip, you play the guisound of a chain rattle? You would need lots of different chain rattle sounds to avoid it getting annoying, and you would need to create a timer on each chain rattle, which prevents the rattles from stacking, ie. using local variables to allow only one rattle every 5 seconds max.

At least, that's how I would do it.

|
|__ If you need any help with this, PM me or add my MSN (joenye@hotmail.co.uk)

EDIT: Your voice acting portfolio is really good! I would love for you to record a few lines for my next custom story, if that is okay (not needed for a few weeks yet) Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 06-14-2011, 01:01 AM by Nye.)
06-14-2011, 12:53 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Play sound when walking? - by ZortaEnzane - 06-14-2011, 12:24 AM
RE: Play sound when walking? - by Nye - 06-14-2011, 12:53 AM
RE: Play sound when walking? - by xiphirx - 06-14-2011, 01:28 AM
RE: Play sound when walking? - by Nye - 06-14-2011, 01:32 AM