Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Familia Hernandez (My First map) (Demo) [Fixed]
Rownbear Offline

Threads: 13
RE: My First Custom story [WIP]

Okay I played through it, I think the levels or rather how things looked were nice, it looked like a basement, which is good. maybe too many barrels in the map.

I had no idea if I was done or not, I got to a stair where there's nothing, maybe look up how to make credits so people know when you reach the end of the demo Smile.

The second door slam was kind of expected but I still got alittle scared Tongue. I like that you didnt have a monster attacking you at the start, then it's just "Meh, that guy again.." when they keep appearing or you get killed by them too often, so build up the tension between the monsters. The benches were too high in the doorslam scare room.

You could put a monster in the first room which is locked, and remove the lock so that when a player sets foot inside you activate a hostile monster that attacks you, because who would walk in there? I would xD Also maybe hide him behind the door or something if you do Smile

You seem to make the maps good but you can still make them more unique with different things in each room, some nice, some a mess, and more realistic. A good advice is play some of the maps in the maingame and see how they designed the place, I did and it helped alot. maybe open them up in the leveleditor and see for yourself. You need to put alot of stuff in to make it really good.

So good for a first custom map, and yeah a description and a plot is something you should figure out, and maybe make sense to why you should start in the basement, Normally people would start at the main entrance? Smile You can still save this map and use it later as the basement part.

06-19-2011, 02:11 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: My First Custom story [WIP] - by Khyrpa - 06-19-2011, 01:42 AM
RE: My First Custom story [WIP] - by TheKataKombs - 06-19-2011, 12:11 PM
RE: My First Custom story [WIP] - by Rownbear - 06-19-2011, 02:11 PM
RE: My First Custom story [WIP] - by Rouvis - 06-19-2011, 06:24 PM
RE: My First Custom story [WIP] - by Dark Knight - 06-19-2011, 08:38 PM
RE: My First Custom story [WIP] - by HumiliatioN - 06-19-2011, 10:57 PM
RE: My First Custom story [WIP] - by Rouvis - 06-21-2011, 05:37 PM