The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animations and Particles
Fnoigy Offline

Threads: 4
Animations and Particles

Hey everyone

So I'm at the tail end of making a custom story. To really make a certain event happen, I had to muck around and create a new particle entity that makes a better explosion. I can place it and see it in the editor, and I can see it if I save it in a map right in front of the spawn location, but I can't seem to make the script create it. I have the file (ps_boom.ps) in a "Particles" folder in my custom story folder, which seems to be where it's supposed to go. Any idea what I'm missing? I'm worried this will make some problems for the couple of other custom entities I'm including.

Also, I'm trying to get ol' ripped-face to play his slashing animation after he reaches a patrol node, but I can't seem to make him obey the animation part. For example, I have the code:
AddEnemyPatrolNode("servant_grunt_1", "PathNodeArea_20", 10.0f, "SwingClaws01");

He will go to the right node, he'll pause for the assigned 10 seconds, but he won't play the animation, not that one or any other I've specified. I even copied a code from the main game files that included the animation part, and still no dice. What am I doing wrong here?
06-24-2011, 02:03 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Animations and Particles - by Fnoigy - 06-24-2011, 02:03 AM
RE: Animations and Particles - by Kyle - 06-24-2011, 02:45 AM
RE: Animations and Particles - by Fnoigy - 06-24-2011, 02:53 AM
RE: Animations and Particles - by MrBigzy - 06-24-2011, 04:24 AM