Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Multiple conditions in one "if" statement
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36
RE: Multiple conditions in one "if" statement

(07-20-2011, 06:14 PM)xiphirx Wrote: Sorry, this is not advanced scripting, you're still at the beginner level.

It would help if you knew C/++ beforehand, but it looks like you're learning as you go.

The first two examples that Kyle posted in his first post are incorrect as they do not have the same effect. Also, you do not need the return statement really, its a void function to begin with.

Excuse you, I know C++ already and I know they don't have the same effect. Of course I know that the second one has the effect of, in this case, that if the first "if" statement is incorrect, then the second one works nevertheless. I just didn't point out that in the second case that it could be applied to a statement that includes more than 2 values. Also, please try to be nice, I know that it's not advanced, I just want him to feel good and confident to actually reach that level and not sink back and become careless by no motivation. :/

About that "return" statement, it could be needed if the "if" statement is added on with the factor of having something in the case if none of the "if" statements are true.

07-20-2011, 06:23 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Multiple conditions in one "if" statement - by Kyle - 07-20-2011, 06:23 PM