The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Work in progress Victim: Teaser trailer released
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
Victim: Teaser trailer released

With the (impending) release of One Light in the Darkness, I'll be building a new (possibly FC) mod that will be much different than most Amnesia: TDD custom stories.

Teaser trailer available!

A young man awakens to find himself in the confines of a well-furnished room, disoriented and weak, with nothing to greet him but the weak patter of the rain and the distant thunder. He is locked in, with only a faint candle to read the scattered excerpts and strange books around him.

Victim will be a seamless single-map mod with a focus on extremely dynamic and interactive gameplay, a wealth of side-stories and puzzles, multiple endings, including special features such as:

Hyperinteractivity: Try it. You might surprise yourself....
Dynamic gameplay: Multiple solution puzzles, multi-step puzzles
Phasing level: Your surroundings will change following the development of plot.

Here are some potential features that may also see use in Victim:

Dynamic weather & ambience: The weather will shift and change

Victim is in very early alpha stages, with little more than layouts and plot-line drafts being made at this time. It will most likely be a full conversion so I may change features of gameplay. One can expect severe consequences for things they may normally find easy to cope with in "regular" Amnesia. There are no screenshots I would like to make available for viewing at this point, but at the bottom of this post you'll find a link to a very in-depth commentary by me on the subject of this project.

At this point I would like to invite you to share your thoughts. If enough interest is shown I'll continue with the project.

- Would a single-map level in which the vast majority of the story takes place be an attractive option to spend your time playing?

- What are some more features that would make this a more interesting experience for you as an Amnesia player?

To read my in-depth review and commentary on this new project and my inspiration & goals, click here.

UPDATE LIST:

[8/1/11]

- Being put on hold so I may focus on my work with other projects.

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2011, 10:12 PM by palistov.)
07-29-2011, 11:52 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Victim: Teaser trailer released - by palistov - 07-29-2011, 11:52 AM
RE: Victim - by Seuchensoldat - 07-29-2011, 01:49 PM
RE: Victim - by palistov - 07-29-2011, 03:28 PM
RE: Victim - by Seuchensoldat - 07-29-2011, 04:18 PM