The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An eager newcomer who wants to learn...
C-zom Offline

Threads: 3
An eager newcomer who wants to learn...

Hello! I am not new to the modding scene at all, and have a good grasp of HPL 2 in two days. So, this will not be a barrage of simple questions. In fact, the only reason I ask is because I hear the community is nice, and I can't find tutorials for this.

1: How do I create ambient noises in a level? This includes music or stuff like rain or humming. I cannot, for the life of me, figure it out.

2: Book creation! How do I make my own book like the diary pages of Daniel? Is there an extensive tutorial here for it? They will be narrated, so I need to know how to attatch .ogg's to them as well.

3: How do I polish up a "start" of a map? Like the screen fading in, a note or narration playing right away before the player has control, stuff like that? Right now I just "teleport" into my map and my narrations aren't working.

4: How do I make supplies carry over between levels? This is aggrevating me. All my tinderboxes and equipment reset per level_door usage.

Thanks so much for your time guys.

07-31-2011, 03:48 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
An eager newcomer who wants to learn... - by C-zom - 07-31-2011, 03:48 AM