The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Fraps + Games in general
BendyBread Offline

Threads: 2
Fraps + Games in general

Hi there. Smile

So I have Fraps and I was thinking of doing LP's (like the other hundred thousand people doing it nowadays). Now I want to record with fraps and I've noticed there is slight lag when recording, which is said to be normal.

My question is, what are the ideally 'best' settings for recording the game in high quality? That is, I'm currently recording at 60FPS and the "lock framerate when recording" box is unticked. Are these bad options?

Also, when I'm recording, fraps eventually splits big files in 2+ files because theyre just so big (even 5-6 minute things are massive). How do I retain the video quality but reduce the filesize, and thus upload to youtube? Also, how do I work with the multiple files to make it seem as if its just 1 huge recording? (Like pewdiepie does 15 minute LP's for DeadSpace 2, and that raw file would be massive, but the video only looks like its a single file).

Any help is appreciated, and if you know anything more for Fraps or recording/editing/uploading in general, thanks in advance. Smile
08-02-2011, 02:17 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Fraps + Games in general - by BendyBread - 08-02-2011, 02:17 PM
RE: Fraps + Games in general - by TFEF - 08-02-2011, 02:39 PM
RE: Fraps + Games in general - by Yuhaney - 08-02-2011, 03:24 PM
RE: Fraps + Games in general - by Apjjm - 08-03-2011, 12:57 AM
RE: Fraps + Games in general - by BendyBread - 08-04-2011, 07:49 AM