Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: "Who" did you feel like
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I was myself in the game from start to finish
49.63%
67 49.63%
I started out acting as myself and then slowing acted more as Daniel as I learned about him.
38.52%
52 38.52%
I acted as Daniel from start to finish.
11.85%
16 11.85%
Total 135 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Research on "who" you felt like in Amnesia
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2
RE: Research on "who" you felt like in Amnesia

I played the game more fully immersed and 'roleplaying' than in any other game. As I learned of Daniel's actions in the past, it felt like things that someone else had done, and that present Daniel and I were both not that person, not now or ever.

The memory of painting the man and cutting the lines was more visceral and personal, and it was a moment of pulling both of us out of aloof reveries, for Daniel to truly personally remember it, and for me, doing what he had done, but even that moment did not split present daniel and I the player, in that he had truly remembered himself doing that, and I had truly relived and done those things for the first time. It moved me into an accomplice to what he had just truly remembered doing, putting us in effectively the same shoes (that we had already been sharing).
10-12-2011, 09:08 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Research on "who" you felt like in Amnesia - by hollowleviathan - 10-12-2011, 09:08 PM