Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Using brutes and grunts without the character getting scared... oh, hello too! :)
ShodanIsAlive Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Brutes and grunts... oh, hello too! :)

Hmmm... I tried to jumble a bit with the dir structure of entities: copied the "rat" from critters to "enemies" and put inside a test map... result is that, when the player spawns, I hear the "whooooaaaargh" of a monster and the game starts the music like if a monster is looking for me... but the vision is not distorted in any way, even looking at the poor mouse that still tries to get away from me. Could it be that simple?
I tried even putting a monster inside the map disabling the triggers: Daniel is still scared even if the monster is scratching its head (literally!!! Big Grin haha, that was funny).
Now I'll try to copy all the user variables of the grunt into the "enemy" rat to see what happens >Big Grin Maybe it will come at me and eventually pound me to the ground... now that's how a man dies!

edit: Oops... there was a grunt outside the map...

There is no such thing as "no such thing"
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2011, 04:17 PM by ShodanIsAlive.)
11-01-2011, 04:14 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brutes and grunts... oh, hello too! :) - by ShodanIsAlive - 11-01-2011, 04:14 PM