Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.57 Average
Custom Story - The Old Well Chapter I
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Custom Story - The Old Well Chapter I

So I played this, it was quite good! Very long and enjoyable Smile my main criticism would be that a lot of the scares and puzzles seemed a little bit forced, like for example
Spoiler below!
the sewer puzzle made almost no sense, I mean why in real life would pipes be hooked up in a way where they would open a door, but yet if something malfunctioned they could also flood an entire area?
also certain monster encounters felt like they were more of gameplay elements rather than just a normal monster encounters
Spoiler below!
like the water monster part, I feel the way that was set up made it feel like you were supposed to come up with some strategy for avoiding them, which kinda broke my immersion
while I'm on the topic of monsters, that would be my other big complaint, that there are just too many monsters! I felt like almost every level had one or two in them, and the whole custom story would have been a lot more scary I think if you paced them out rather than cramming them in every way you could, that way the player would always b on the edge of their seat waiting for the next one. Aside from those problems I have with it, I have to say that the last 20-30 minutes of it were just phenomenal. the way you set up the little town outside was just stunning, I've played around with planes before to try to make a good house like the ones from that town and never gotten CLOSE to making them look that good Smile the cutscene in that area wasn't THAT great, but considering it was Amnesia you were working with I think you did a damn good job with it. Other than that, I think the ocean (although it did cause some super lag) was pretty awesome, same with the church. Overall, this was great! Can't wait for the next chapter!

Posting Freak
12-31-2011, 09:19 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
Custom Story - The Old Well Chapter I - by Vyzor - 12-27-2011, 08:25 PM
RE: Custom Story - The Old Well Chapter I - by Kman - 12-31-2011, 09:19 PM