Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 23 Vote(s) - 3.78 Average
Killings In Altstadt -Custom story/Full conversion-
I will disagree Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Killings In Altstadt -Custom story/Full conversion-

First of all you don't have to merge the files into the normal directories, all the folders can be placed inside the custom_stories\KillingsInAltstadt folder.

I don't know how you respond to criticism, but I will give some.

Spoiler below!

The basement lever puzzle thing is impossible, don't you test your maps? The unnecessary sanity damage it causes to pull that lever down made me stick to the ground and have no way of moving forward. Then added to that the fact that the lever does absolutely nothing is just too much...
After that puzzle I just skimmed through the maps skipping all the boring puzzles with LoadMap. Didn't spot a single original/interesting puzzle.

I am so desensitized that monsters are just an annoyance so I did not enjoy the "scares".

Mapping was the same as most other custom stories == identical corridors, boring lighting and low amount of detail. It didn't even seem to improve at any point, felt more like you got bored of mapping and just wanted to release asap.

The story... Half-assed like every other custom story. Those morality questions were pretty much laughable. Do I stab this limp body or not?
My characters motivation to go through all that was nonexistent. After a murderer? The place was full of murdering monsters.

Only good thing your whole story had was the Boris thing, which was interesting, but it did not fit the mood at all.

All my remaining respect for you vanished as I saw the flying naked body...

But don't worry, there will be lots of people who enjoy stories like these.

btw don't you think you should credit the creators of the music you used?
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2012, 11:36 AM by I will disagree.)
01-28-2012, 11:34 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Killings In Altstadt -Custom story/Full conversion- - by I will disagree - 01-28-2012, 11:34 AM