Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Newsletter | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Googolplex Offline
Banned

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

Yes, I totally agree here. Dear Esther is a good story based game, and it is unique and very immersing. But it was by far not that kind of game what I would call a "masterpiece" of a complex experience and melancholic emotions.
Compared to Penumbra, which is a bit more, Dear Esther is not worth to be called a masterpiece.
For example, Penumbra has the interaction, the puzzles, the thinking about environment, physics based engine and gameplay, monsters (dogs and spiders), more story and a feeling about the main character.
Dear Esther is just a walking simulator compared to a game of FG's universe.
There are a lot things missed in the game to be a masterpiece. But I'm sure, Dear Esther is as they want. Chineseroom wanted to show how intellectual a game can be without player actions.

But for a REALLY good game, it is too less. Interaction and puzzles are a must have! As more of that, as better the game. Apart of the story.

Penumbra is a game I could never stop buying, I really love this game. But Dear Esther is just nice to play - not more. And that because Dear Esther is ONLY story based, not immersing enough for an unique experience.
12-16-2012 01:43 PM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion - Googolplex - 12-16-2012 01:43 PM