Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Amnesia Custom Story: Guide to Horror / Do's and Don't for Scaring Players
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20
RE: Amnesia Custom Story: Guide to Horror / Do's and Don't for Scaring Players

(04-04-2012, 03:04 AM)Acies Wrote: On the contrary I like seeing the current trend on the forums; an attempt to strive towards better stories. These threads should be allowed to be repeated - I don't mind - the message is so important.
I know that this goes against everything I've previously stated, but it's simple, really: If you want to make a story, then make a story. As a wise man (Christopher Walken) once said: "If you want to build a house, then go build a house! Don't ask anybody, just build a house!" Even if you'd like to make My Little Pony stories that most people will run from, go make them! Make flying teleporting Jesuses hit your face every five seconds if you want to! Ultimately, it's your editor.
Maybe people won't like your story, but in the end, so what? People who make stories to please everybody else, will just burn themselves out very quickly. Feel free to make the story that you want to make. Just make sure that you don't describe an "intense jump-scare adventure" as "a good Amnesia horror story", so that you can find the right kind of audience.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia Custom Story: Guide to Horror / Do's and Don't for Scaring Players - by Cranky Old Man - 04-04-2012, 02:07 PM