Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Amnesia Custom Story: Guide to Horror / Do's and Don't for Scaring Players
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Amnesia Custom Story: Guide to Horror / Do's and Don't for Scaring Players

(04-05-2012, 08:11 PM)JetlinerX Wrote: Haha. I totally get your point though, and I agree, dont consider these maps a "Good custom story" because they aren't. Period.
I perceived his point slightly differently. What I think he meant is that you're free to make whatever mods you so desire, and follow whatever you're trying to express regardless of other people's views. Just be sure not to advertise it as something that its not so that it can get the right audience.

Like say you love making jump scare maps, you can take advice from other people, but ultimately it's your mod, if you love it you should go make it even if everyone will hate you for it. If you don't do something you truly love (Or at least have been sincerely convinced to do), then you're wasting your time in making something that doesn't express your thoughts. Just be sure that when the game is released, you proudly proclaim that it's a jump scare map, and not one that will bring an immersive story. Let's face it, some people like jump-scare maps, there's no wrong in that, and this will be the map for them.
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2012, 08:25 PM by Kreekakon.)
04-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia Custom Story: Guide to Horror / Do's and Don't for Scaring Players - by Kreekakon - 04-05-2012, 08:23 PM