Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Amnesia Custom Story: Guide to Horror / Do's and Don't for Scaring Players
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20
RE: Amnesia Custom Story: Guide to Horror / Do's and Don't for Scaring Players

(04-16-2012, 01:16 PM)flamez3 Wrote: Pretty sure custom story map making isn't that serious.

Not since PDP started ruining them, no.

Quote:I don't think the creator of the custom story would go Derp!!!!

A creator who don't take the time to make sure that his story and scares make sense, is simply being an idiot, whether it's intentional or not. It's going "Derp!".

Quote:i think it's like "hmmm, let's make a cheap scare that will be a guaranteed scare"..

Yes, and the creator is not being intelligent enough to continue that line of thought into: "...which will be followed by the player immediately trying to establish why the scare happened, and upon finding no source, questioning the sense of the scare, concluding that the creator is just being blatantly stupid, and dismissing any immersion in the story as a bad joke." There are players with low IQ that won't question these things, but most players will.

Quote:You would not lose any rationality or dignity making a scare that people don't like.

No, but the player will, and that's why people hate them.

Quote:It's like sayin Activision stop making call of duty's....you think that's gonna stop them?

I'm not that into "stopping" people. I'm just into hating poor results and explaining why I do that.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-16-2012, 01:55 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia Custom Story: Guide to Horror / Do's and Don't for Scaring Players - by Cranky Old Man - 04-16-2012, 01:55 PM