Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Amnesia Custom Story: Guide to Horror / Do's and Don't for Scaring Players
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20
RE: Amnesia Custom Story: Guide to Horror / Do's and Don't for Scaring Players

(04-20-2012, 09:14 PM)Robosprog Wrote: That's his style of humour? He wisecracks and clowns around - that's his style of humour, like cry's is cool and snarky humour to an extent, with rambling. The fans aren't drawn to him - they enjoy watching his videos, they make crap maps for him, then he gets blamed for them making maps for him. Is it his responsibility to make sure they make the most fantastic maps ever made? No. He's not their parent.
He can't be held responsible for random people over the internet's actions. They made the maps for him and they happened to be awful with amnesia custom stories. What if I made a map for you because I liked you, does that mean that you are held responsible for how good the map is? No, it doesn't, but that is the exact logic you are using right now.
Humour (of any "style") has no place in serious games, and especially not horror games. Overall I don't appreciate his humour either, because there's no wit to it, but that's less of a problem. I can't say that it's "his responsibility" because I know full well that PDP doesn't take responsibility to begin with, but would he care about the horror community, he would keep on playing Just Dance, because that's actually funny.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-20-2012, 09:28 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread