Joined: Feb 2012
RE: [Request] Adding picture to grunts face
(03-12-2012 11:54 PM)kman Wrote: Since you're obviously totally new to the Level Editor (considering you didn't even know what a billboard was) I'll walk you through what to do, since no one else is giving you the full process, but rather fragments of it...
1. Scale your image to the power of two (I usually go with 512x512)
2. Apply an alpha channel to the image and erase everything you don't want (so basically erase everything in the background/everything you don't want on the monster) then save it as a .png
3. Open up the Material Editor
4. Under type select "soliddiffuse", then check off "diffuse" and "alpha" under Texture Units
5. Click the "..." under Diffuse and find your image, then repeat this step, but instead find your image under Alpha instead of under Diffuse
6. Hit file and Save As, name it whatever you want and put it in the billboards folder, then put the original image of it in your billboards folder too
7. open up the Model Editor
8. Load the grunt model
9. Click the tab on the left that says "Billboards" and find your billboard
10. Select your billboard, on the right go to the tab that says "Billboard" and pick the billboard type "Fixed Axis"
11. Adjust the billboard and position it where you'd like it to show up in game
12. Select the joint in the head of the Grunt, then go into the "Attachments" tab
13. Click "Bi" then "Attach", click your billboard, and then hit done
14. Save it as something other than "servant_grunt" or you will overwrite your original file, maybe do "Servent_Grunt_Two"
15. Place it in game and it should work fine
Hope this helps.
I'll try this, thank you. And the leveleditor has nothing to do with it so your statement was false.
|03-13-2012 09:42 AM