Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
Work in progress Amnesia: The Great Work [SEEKING TRANSLATORS]
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Amnesia: The Great Work [Seeking Logo Artist]

@Alex Ros

One thing you have to keep in mind is that Windows users aren't the only ones that play Amnesia. Installing and running full conversions can be difficult in other operating systems if you're aiming at only the Windows operating system. As far as i know, people haven't had any issues installing and running non-full conversion custom stories on a Mac or in Linux. Batch files only work in Windows and Windows is case-insensitive when it comes to file names. An issue in usability expands to user experience.

Deterioration needed to be a full conversion because the author wanted to remove the glow effect for items. If it weren't for things like that, making it a full conversion would be unnecessary. If it hadn't been a full conversion, you probably wouldn't even think about what menu you had to go through before playing. Changing game mechanics is really the only reason why anyone would need a full conversion. Anything else should be considered minor. Any lack in UI consistency is (should be) countered by the immersion instigated by the story itself.

Full conversions also force users to re-apply any graphic settings they had for the original game, which normally requires restarting the game. If i were someone looking to play, i wouldn't want to be bothered with re-configuring the game--i would just want to get straight into the story. You should be able to understand what this means for user experience.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2012, 04:28 AM by Your Computer.)
12-06-2012, 04:26 AM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stein der Weisen, Part 1: Festung - by Kman - 03-10-2012, 11:26 AM
RE: [TESTING] The Great Work - by Damascus - 04-06-2012, 08:42 AM
RE: [TESTING] The Great Work - by ThoseRandomGuyz - 04-06-2012, 12:26 PM
RE: [TESTING] The Great Work - by Damascus - 04-06-2012, 05:15 PM
RE: The Great Work [Mapper's Block] - by Damascus - 08-02-2012, 10:57 PM
RE: The Great Work [Mapper's Block] - by Damascus - 08-05-2012, 06:14 AM
RE: The Great Work [Demo v1.3 released] - by Kman - 10-06-2012, 10:58 PM
RE: Amnesia: The Great Work [Seeking Logo Artist] - by Your Computer - 12-06-2012, 04:26 AM
RE: Amnesia: The Great Work - by Damascus - 12-24-2012, 07:24 AM