Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Suggestion: New "Monster Event" Ideas?
cantremember Offline

Threads: 29
RE: Suggestion: New "Monster Event" Ideas?

I agree with the music cues and that monsters should sometimes be more random and not so pre-scripted so much (making it surprising only on the first playthrough).

I don't agree so much on the no-saving, because while it does make the game tenser, it's very frustrating and time-consuming to replay the beginning of the game over and over to get to the part where you die again. At least there should be autosave points at certain spots instead of being able to save anywhere.

I agree on the closet thing, but I didn't remember it being a big issue in Amnesia. I only remember one instance where you could hide from a monster by hiding in a closet.

Also hallucinations and sound effects should be random. In Amnesia it's easy to tell a monster sound you hear is just an effect because there is no monster-is-searching-for-you music playing, and they happen at the same spots everytime if you replay the game. It would be better if you have no idea if it's your mind playing tricks due to low sanity or if it's a real monster (that would add more tension and also add an extra incentive to actually try to stay in the light and keep your sanity high)
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2012, 07:06 PM by cantremember.)
03-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Suggestion: New "Monster Event" Ideas? - by cantremember - 03-11-2012, 07:04 PM