Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Brillant Marketing Idea (I.E. Android/Apple)
Gasjockey Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Brillant Marketing Idea (I.E. Android/Apple)

I don't really think horror games (maybe especially psychological ones like Amnesia) are that well suited for mobile use. At least not on Android/iOS, it could possibly work on something like the PS Vita or iPad 3. You see, not only will the graphics and controls on a cellphone be much worse (as has already been mentioned), but there's also the fact that mobile games are most often played while you're mobile (crazy, I know), e.g. on the bus, or while waiting for your doctors appointment, and so on and so forth. You are often likely to be interrupted, and you're seldom alone. You're not always carrying a headset with you, so sound is probably on a minimum (if you didn't know, sound is one of the most important things in both horror games and movies). You will most likely not have much time to spend on it, and it's unlikely it will be dark around you. There's also the simple fact that the screen's smaller. With so extremely many important immersing factors being difficult to emulate on a cell phone, I can't really see it being good. However, like I said, it may be possible if they utilize portable consoles like the PS Vita and the upcoming iPad 3, as the factors necessary for a good horror experience are easier to emulate on these. Considering FG has pretty much all but denied the possibility of a port though, I can't really see it happening. Just my 2 cents.

Member of the secret society of TCaMtRLHfPSMUYRYRtWWtPtKYOoPFatHHG
03-25-2012, 08:52 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brillant Marketing Idea (I.E. Android/Apple) - by Gasjockey - 03-25-2012, 08:52 PM