Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Could I get some feedback on this please?
Putmalk Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Could I get some feedback on this please?

(04-01-2012, 06:18 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(04-01-2012, 06:03 PM)Putmalk Wrote: Also, in Amnesia monsters open doors (like the one in Daniel's Room) and then subsequently breaks down other doors. I can't change this. Sad
I have about 2 days worth of scripting experience, but I know from the first level of the game that you can push doors open by scripts. How about spawning the monster, have it walk up to a pathnode by the door, push the door open, and then activate the path node on the other side? I've also seen some sort of "disable-autoclose" function for doors, if the auto-close feature would get in the way. I doubt that there is, but if there's some kind of animation for the monster opening a door in Daniel's room, you could also copy that.
Yeah I can push doors open via script (as done when you break the door with the crowbar) but I think it's scarier if the monster smashes the door open. The door to the wine cellar (where the monster came from) was broken open, if you didn't see it. So it does make sense (the level door was not, but that had to be there).

Also, to address an earlier point regarding eerie vs. scary, if you overdo scares too much, you lose the effect and it becomes almost comical. Huge problem with many custom stories I've noticed.

04-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could I get some feedback on this please? - by Putmalk - 04-01-2012, 06:21 PM