Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
A few things
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65
RE: A few things

You misunderstand my purposes.

Quote: Yes, an increadible artist could make a very, very shitty game, but the
artwork would be spectacular and since quality artwork is what they want
to show, then it's not so important that the rest of it sucks. In any
case, its worth it for people to develop their skills. I don't think
they should necessarily release the content if its not worth it for
everyone else, I don't personally like it, but then again there's plenty
of space here on the interweb so why the hell not? It's not getting in
your way, just avoid it.
You have a point. But wouldn't his artwork have more relevance in a place specific for artwork. An artist can't build a game, the same applies for Crime Scene Investigation for example. They can't work without people from all the fields. Wouldn't THAT person be getting a much better experience if either working for the right place or either learning other fields or joining with someone that CAN fulfill his own faults?
It's all about choosing the right option, and I'm not saying any of this because of MYSELF. I can just not look into these stories, they don't bother me at all. But I hate to see talent wasted because of a failure to find the right place for one's self.

Quote: That's ok. I haven't either, or not exactly what I'd call 'awesome' at
least. But the resources are all there, someone probably has and if not,
someone certainly will.
Maybe with enough dedication they can, except for the details they'll be missing and have to learn the hard way.
Quote:I get what your saying, frankly I agree, I just dislike your tone, you make it sound like you don't want other people to do it.
You misudnerstand me. I also though I was reducing people's motivation when writting this, but when I went to change the text, I found out that I was just being realist. And you can't understand that as something to make someone quit, but as something to make someone put ENOUGH effort into something to overcome everything I mentioned that could be better.

Quote: Therefore, 'crappy' 10 min joke maps are called custom stories, in spite of your opinion.
Again you misunderstand me. Tell me in your honest opinion if you think that the people who MAKE the stories will learn, earn and build something for their future by creating tons of these maps when they are fully able to create something a lot more developed, interesting and attractive. Check Portal 2, an epic game full of laughing, jokes and yet, one of the best productions ever created.

Quote:

HPL2 isn't old, it's primitive. WoW's engine is old. Source is old. And when I say primitive, I don't mean it's shitty
I never said it was shit. It's an engine full of potential, it just isn't updated regularly since only 1 game series uses it.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2012, 02:18 PM by nemesis567.)
04-18-2012, 11:14 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
A few things - by nemesis567 - 04-18-2012, 01:33 AM
RE: A few things - by jssjr90 - 04-18-2012, 03:44 AM
RE: A few things - by Rapture - 04-18-2012, 03:44 AM
RE: A few things - by nemesis567 - 04-18-2012, 12:05 PM
RE: A few things - by jssjr90 - 04-18-2012, 03:55 PM
RE: A few things - by LateForTea - 04-18-2012, 05:35 PM
RE: A few things - by Adrianis - 04-18-2012, 07:22 PM
RE: A few things - by nemesis567 - 04-18-2012, 07:29 PM
RE: A few things - by Adrianis - 04-18-2012, 09:28 PM