Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Startup crash - exception_acces_violation
Pelukkaa Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Startup crash - exception_acces_violation

(04-27-2012, 05:17 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(04-27-2012, 04:19 PM)Pelukkaa Wrote:
(04-27-2012, 02:37 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: At first glance, it seems that your graphics card is 7-8 years old and really bordering on the system requirements, but this might just be what the system detects. Do you really have a GeForce 6100, or do you have something older still? If you have something even older, then you need to buy a new graphics card.
I really have a GeForce 6100, I have the lattest drivers(that are old too), I have check and it looks like I can run Amnesia with this graphic card(anyway, I have no money for a new graphic card).
See, the thing is that a graphics shader is either failing to work, or isn't supported, so if your gfx card is within the requirements, and the drivers are as up to date as they can be, then either your graphics card is partially broken, or this is what the FG disclaimer is talking about when it says "Low cost video cards may perform worse, or not work at all, even if they are much newer than older medium to high range cards.".

Update: If your drivers are up to date (including your OpenGL), then your graphics card is only capable of running OpenGL 2.0, but it seems that Amnesia requires at least OpenGL 2.1.
Okay, then I have to kill myself, right?
04-27-2012, 05:28 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Startup crash - exception_acces_violation - by Pelukkaa - 04-27-2012, 05:28 PM