Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
A Morbid New Year (Custom Story/Full Conversion)
R. Peters Offline

Threads: 10
RE: A Morbid New Year (Custom Story/Full Conversion)

(05-02-2012, 01:01 PM)Tommyboypsp Wrote:
Spoiler below!
Wow, parts of this were either awesome or horrible.
Most of it was awesome. The length, rooms, monsters..
Just a horrible job on the lighting and supplies in my opinion. You give close to no oil, so the player is bound to go crazy in the dark. You don't give many sanity potions either... I had to camp at light spots to stop the gameplay from going annoying (you know how annoying it is to play when your sanity is at '...' and it responds slow to your mouse).
Apart from those things it was an amazing custom story. At one part my screen froze but restarting fixed that.
The screen freezing thing was most likely nothing to do with the custom story itself, but not to worry if it worked anyway Smile The lack of supplies was kind of deliberate, I wanted players to be fumbling around in the dark, but if it doesn't prove to work as well as I had hoped then maybe i'll make oil as plentiful as it was in the actual game, in my next story. With the lighting, do you mean there wasn't enough light, or specific parts with bad lighting? Thanks for your feedback, i'm sure it'll all work towards improving my next CS Smile
(05-02-2012, 03:13 PM)dnalange Wrote: hammer and stuff are gone...
IF it haas to be like that.. let the player know... by some note or mementory..
thought a hammer and a key form some room...........
Not a really good CS for my opinion....
Make more scripts - details - and notes for what to do....
Lange..
The hammer and key disappearing thing is intentional to confuse players. It seems to have worked XD There are plenty of notes and clues around if you look everywhere, but I am not too keen on making things too easy personally, it ruins the fun of puzzle solving Tongue I agree about the details though, I felt like I could've added more little things, like doors blowing open in the wind, sound effects etc. Smile

Author of: - A Morbid New Year (Also available as a full conversion).
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2012, 04:31 PM by R. Peters.)
05-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Morbid New Year (Custom Story/Full Conversion) - by R. Peters - 05-02-2012, 04:27 PM