Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Framerate issues with Amnesia: The Dark Descent
AdamAK Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 2 Weeks ago RE: [Wrong forum] Framerate issues with Amnesia: The Dark Descent

(06-30-2012, 12:30 AM)GrAVit Wrote: Any notable changes that could've happened during those months?
Nope. Nothing I can think of. I've been thinking back a lot to see why it could have started lagging, but I hadn't installed/uninstalled anything on my computer for a while around the time the game started showing these issues. Interestingly enough, as suggested by plutomaniac, creating a new Amnesia folder in My Documents improved performance by quite a bit; I can now run it with things like SSAO and parallax turned on while not streaming, and still get a solid 60fps, so that problem seems to be fixed at least.

(06-30-2012, 02:07 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: can I see the log again?
Pastebinned it again.
http://pastebin.com/dwjzF4xQ

I just had a look at the precise errors. One of them says that:

WARNING: Couldn't preload sound entity 'attack_claw_hit03.ogg '

After having a look at the sounds folder, I found no such sound file. 'attack_claw003.ogg' exists, but not with the _hit03 suffix. In other words, the game seems to be searching for a long list of files that most likely exist under a slightly different name. There's also a large list of 'candlestick_floor_x' items it's looking for, but the particles folder contains no such files. File integrity tests show that everything is a-okay, though. I've also re-installed the game on two separate hard drives, both leading to the same results.
06-30-2012, 09:11 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Wrong forum] Framerate issues with Amnesia: The Dark Descent - by AdamAK - 06-30-2012, 09:11 AM