Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Model Editor Help Trying to learn how to edit a model
zergling50 Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Trying to learn how to edit a model

(07-20-2012, 09:07 PM)Your Computer Wrote:
(07-20-2012, 08:05 PM)zergling50 Wrote: So im guessing just renaming the files wont work? I opened up the DAE file in programmers notepad (equivalient to notepad ++) and it contains a lot of data. I dont want to screw around with it without guidance for fear of breaking something. What exactly in it needs to change? Where are the references that I need to divert to my new texture. Also, though, should I rename them all?

library_images::image::init_from

<library_images>
<image id="servantgrunt_dds" name="servantgrunt_dds"> <init_from>file:///E:/Frictional_2/animations/mutant_Project/servant_grunt.bmp</init_from>
This is what I found. I do not recognize this pathway at all, nor do I know where to find it. Also there is no .bmp in my enemy folder. Here is what my new enemy folder looks like.
enemy
-Doom
-animations
-Doom.dds
-Doom.ent
-servant_grunt.dae
-servant_grunt.ent
-servant_grunt.mat
-servant_grunt.msh
-servant_grunt_hair.dds
-servant_grunt_hair.mat
-servant_grunt_hair_nrm.dds
-servant_grunt_hair_spec.dds
-servant_grunt_nrm.dds
-servant_grunt_spec.dds
-servant_brute
-servant_grunt
This is a little confusing, and I dont expect to fully understand all of it at the moment. I really want this or this one project as it really compliments the story and adds more depth to the game. If you guys could word your answers in a straightforward yet simplified way that would be great. Anyways I appreciate that you guys are trying to help, and once my game is done im going to make sure to include all of you guys who have helped me in any of my threads in the credits. Once again thanks! And sorry if i say anything stupid or dont make a connection you expect me to make, because as I said earlier this is a little confusing (not overly as I thankfully have some programming background).
07-20-2012, 10:20 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trying to learn how to edit a model - by zergling50 - 07-20-2012, 10:20 PM