Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

EA innovation: "No more single player!"
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: EA innovation: "No more single player!"

Actually, as I recall Valve had also made a similar statement following the release of Portal 2 saying that it might probably be their last "Fully isolated single player experience" (Save for Episode 3 hopefully). Not many people had freaked out over that. I guess it's because Valve knows much better than EA how to make fun games.

@Statyk: Well, I'm a massive, massive fan of the Dead Space series as well, and here's an optimistic way to look at it I think: In terms of Dead Space 2, the multiplayer segments were one of the only short-comings of the game, the single player was epic. I'm willing to give Dead Space 3 the benefit of doubt that the isolated single player portion of the game (Without co-op, or multiplayer) will be just as good as Dead Space 2's.

EDIT: Also on the topic of multiplayer games, only add it if you have a proper way to implement it in a good way, and not just as a gimmick (Dead Space 2 *cough*). Plus it's also important that it doesn't drag down the primary portion of the game, for example single player.

As an example I really respected Rocksteady's announcement when they said that Arkham City would not have a desired multiplayer because they thought it would drag down the single player, and that's the main thing they wanted to deliver.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2012, 05:55 AM by Kreekakon.)
09-09-2012, 05:48 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: EA innovation: "No more single player!" - by Kreekakon - 09-09-2012, 05:48 AM