Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

EA innovation: "No more single player!"
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9
RE: EA innovation: "No more single player!"

The idea is, you finish the single player mode, then you Play it again on a HARDER difficulty, you go looking for secrets, you try alternative dialoque choices, you play it Slower to savour all the little storyline nuances, and soak in the art style, you Enjoy the EXPERIENCE of the game world.

im sorry, but, if you think SP should be a one run only tutorial for MP, then perhaps you should stick to Call of Duty.

i will concede that 9 hours is NOT long enough by a long shot in my eyes, as its not really long enough, in my opinion, to fully flesh out the storyline.

But, i stand firm in my beleive that any form of "anti social" online Multiplayer is NOT a good idea. it takes away Budget that could be spent making a bigger and better Single player campaign, and leads to the mainstream idea of the SP campaign being a 2 hour at the most Tutorial for Multiplayer, wich is completely Unnacceptable, MP should be, at best, a nice little bonus, Developed by a seperate "budget" studio for no more than $20,000 (anything more is just a waste of money), taking up no less than 5% of the total disk space, and just put in as a bit of fun, it should not, ever, be the entire reason for a games exsistance.

i have no problem with a single player only game, in fact, i Prefer them, i am Far more likely to buy a single player game than i am to even LOOK at one that has any form of multiplayer functionality, as being single player shows me the Budget has been spent entirely on crafting a great and immersive Storyline, Great, old Fashioned Gameplay, and Healthy campaign lifespan, the 3 most important things to me in any action game.

it means the budget has not been wasted on a Boring "go america go" outdated 80s action movie plot wrapped round a patronisingly Dumb Tutorial for MP, Boring, Broken, Modern Gameplay, and a lifespan of only 2 hours because they want you to play with Moronic American 10 year olds who idea of "fun" is trolling the voice chat while camping out with a barret. that is NOT what i call a good time. a deep, immersive, challenging, old fashioned Sp experience is what i call a good time.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2012, 09:08 PM by the dark side.)
09-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: EA innovation: "No more single player!" - by the dark side - 09-09-2012, 08:15 PM