Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What new features would you add in a non-Amnesia Frictional Games Adventure?
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83
RE: What new features would you add in a non-Amnesia Frictional Games Adventure?

(09-09-2012, 05:15 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: Feature 8: No visible health meter. As your health drops, the character's breathing becomes more and more labored and heavy, the screen would lose color or get blurry, and the sounds would slow down as your health starts to reach zero.

Feature 9: Sprint system. Nuff said.
Feature 8 Makes sense and is a great idea.

I like Feature 9, it reminds me when I played Monster Hunter Freedom. It too had a sprint system that, if it ran out, you slowed and had to stop to breath.

(09-09-2012, 05:21 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: "non-Amnesia Frictional Games Adventure"

Amnesia: The Dark Descent>General Discussion

But asshole-ing aside, I think feature 3 would be better if you met an npc and were able to become good friends with him and develop a relationship, only to see him brutally murdered from what you are mutually running from. Kind of like Red
This thread started with a new Amnesia engine, hence placing it here, but then the idea evolved into new features for a new adventure.

Dodgy I did not appreciate you calling me an 'asshole'. Misplacing a thread shouldn't deserve that.

That aside, I hadn't thought of the 'Red' scenario. Maybe hearing him/her (like Red) to start with and then when you would meet the person 'only to see him killed' is a good idea.

(09-09-2012, 05:29 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: I disagree with features 2 and 3. This "hope" you're referring to is contrast, something very necessary to make the scary parts seem scarier. If the entire game is nonstop-scary and the player doesn't feel safe for 1 second, it all becomes homogenized and much less scary. Having safe areas makes the player feel that much worse when they know they have to leave it and go into a dark corridor.

The contrast between the Back Hall and Storage. Need I say more?

I'm not saying 'no hope at all', simply less hope/comfort. Make it seem like you're entering the unknown.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2012, 05:32 PM by The Rock Worm.)
09-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What new features would you add in a non-Amnesia Frictional Games Adventure? - by The Rock Worm - 09-09-2012, 05:30 PM