Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
How would you want a plot to be presented?
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: How would you want a plot to be presented?

You need to think it all through! What is it gonna end with? Will the player get revenge?
Who is the other person? What kind of revenge?

Then start off with a small teaser, in the start-cutscene.
FG made it easy, because of the fact that Daniel has Amnesia. Then they could put simple diaries from Daniel himself, and that would make the story a little by little.

In case this is not amnesia, you will have to present it another way, like in voice acting.

Use notes rare, and only to present different stuff like: how you start this machine (But presented as a letter from the engineer).

Since i guess the player will be alone in the whole game (Except for monsters, and the final revenge) then i would suggest to make the player talk to himself, or voiceact as if he was thinking.

Also sound, like breaking bottles and a loud scream, presents some story. In this case, somebody died. You don't know who. But you might find out later, when you get to the room where it happened.

Now i don't know your story, but i suggest not making notes that are speaking directly to the player. This seems so unrealistic. How could that person be so sure that the player would find this note?

So a shot resumé: Start-cutscene, voice acting, Player-thinking, sounds, Players voice

Trying is the first step to success.
09-10-2012, 03:48 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: How would you want a plot to be presented? - by FlawlessHappiness - 09-10-2012, 03:48 PM