Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The (Least) Favorite aspects of your culture.
bloogleford Offline

Threads: 4
RE: The (Least) Favorite aspects of your culture.

(09-23-2012, 06:53 PM)the dark side Wrote: now you try and tell me Racism is only Racism if a white person picks on a non white person, but its fine the other way round..?

Can I get some context here? Because it makes it sound like you think racism is about "saying stuff". The simple act of an individual discriminating against another individual based on race is the simplest, least complicated form of racism. The forms that matter most are the institutionalized stuff..and this little model of "If they can say it I can say it" is so silly it doesn't even fit in to any real analysis of racism.

You really think white people are discriminated against somehow because there's a double standard about language?

Sounds like a pretty petty complaint tbh, again..maybe there's some UK context here I don't understand, but I know all the people who talk like this in the states are mainly whites that think the fact that they can't scream the N word without repercussion makes them oppressed.
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2012, 07:16 PM by bloogleford.)
09-23-2012, 07:10 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: The (Least) Favorite aspects of your culture. - by bloogleford - 09-23-2012, 07:10 PM