Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Graphics and physics engines, wich offer what i want?
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10
RE: Graphics and physics engines, wich offer what i want?

I'm not talking about what happens in Battlefield 3. I'm not even talking about gameplay. I'm talking about the way that the environment works. Large levels, almost fully destructible environment, realistic vehicle mechanics (okay, that's a bit of a stretch), and bullet physics.

I think it's silly because of a few things.

1) Guns are kind of heavy. Add a bunch of them plus military gear, and let's see how far and how fast you can run with it. Running at "Lightning" speed with high and far jumps is just not possible with that kind of gear on. Unless you're a superhuman, really.

2) No gun limits. I don't understand how this could be put into a realistic environment. Carrying a pistol, assault rifle, rocket launcher, sniper rifle, and more than that. Unless your character is basically a pile of guns, that doesn't make much sense.

3) Static crosshairs. I've seen in other posts that it hurts your eyes. Well, that seems like a personal problem. If you hold an assault rifle and then start shooting, you're going to get recoil. Meaning that your shots aren't all going to land in the same place.

As far as the rest of the mechanics go, the game could possibly get confusing and annoying for a majority of gamers. As an example, Thief 1 has large maps, which are all too easy to get lost in. I've spent a lot of time wandering around trying to find whatever I have to do to get out of the level that I'm now frustrated with.

I understand the regenerating health and armor thing. It makes sense.

But really, you're asking for a realistic environment with an unrealistic character.

09-25-2012, 10:26 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Graphics and physics engines, wich offer what i want? - by Obliviator27 - 09-25-2012, 10:26 PM