Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Graphics and physics engines, wich offer what i want?
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Graphics and physics engines, wich offer what i want?

sorry, as interesting as your counter arguments are Aldigheri, i have decided the game will not have a gun limit, and that is not going to be changed, they seriously annoy me, and as it is my IP, im going to make the game that i want, and dont get saying "that is too selfish to work" because it isnt, making his own game has served Hideo Kojima Beautifully for years. so it can serve for me as well.

also, ive got half life 2, and i dont remember ever being forced to throw down a weapon to pick up another, ive had all 12 on me many times, are you sure you've got the right game? its counterstrike and L4d that have the gun limit, wich is why i dont own them, because i dont find them entertaining.

@ Hirnwirbel, as i said, i, personally, dont have any coding skills unfortunatly, i dont have the intellect required.

if i am going to do a gameplay prototype, and i think i am going to need to in order to hook a Publisher (ive got devs queing round the block, but, no publisher, no ones got the guts..)as its been a LONG time since this kind of game was made, 2006 at the latest, then i am going to need to borrow a crew of modders who are willing to act professionally, will not argue with my gameplay mechanic decisions, and can make a damn good job of it , you dont attract publishers with badly made demos.

I would rather my team (if i ever get one...) used cryengine3 not only because its cheaper than UDK ($100 single payment for CE3 plays $500 and 25% of the proftis for UDK), but because unreal 3 is not a good engine to use these days, its way out of date, it cant handle anti aliasing, its textures are muddy and slow to load, it cant handle full body awarness (required for TWO of the innovations my IP has even in game one) and its Not compatible with GHOUL 2.0, sure its harder to programme for CE3, but its a better engine, also, even i know that if you want a good game, you've got to put hard work in, if people want to be lazy and just fart a game out, then they can go work for treyarch for all i care. if necessary, ill have the team use source engine, as it can do most of what i want... but, its waay out of date...

Dont worry though, i know how important gameplay is, as i peresonally beleieve that gameplay is everything, the only reason i have baught graphics up is because the game is going to be PC only, its a condition of the IP's Copyright lease, and pc games sell on there graphics.

I know full well that if the core gameplay is bad, the game sucks, im not going to do a duke nukem forever here and focuss on the "cool additions" rather than the core gameplay. i know there is no point in having a beautifully rendered URAL truck if it feels like its made of feathers to drive, it needs to be programmed so its easy-ish to drive to make the game fun, but still has enough weight and recacitrance to it in order to still fell like an Actual URAL 6x6 truck. same as there is no point in having loads of authentic enemy uniform models and FUCE("Faction Unit Correct Equipment", ill explain that in more detail if people want as i dont mind companies knicking it as more FPS games need it!) weaponry sets, if the AI is so dumb it cant handle doors or ignores hand grenades... (cough...any modern shooter...cough).

ive already decided that for AI i want to ressurect valves old "Factored AI" system. in wich percentage levels within certain factors effect how the AI will react. those programmed factors being, Intellect, Training, Agression, and Experience. for example, lets take experience. an Ai unit with a low number of programmed experience points is going to be more likely to "flake out" (panic and make mistakes) in combat, and is liable to follow training to the letter, meaning very basic "CHAAAAARGE" lemming tactics if there training level is low, were as an Ai unit with high Experience is not only going to bne unfased by supression fire, but they will use advanced tactics such as throwing your grenades back at you, supress and flank, and may even leave booby-traps. however, as even the most Powerfull gaming PCs are limited in what they can do, Ai is programmed via Unit Class rather than individual AI, with only BOSS clas AI's getting unique AI coding.

Again, As examples, the "Afghan militia" class units have low to mediocre intellect points, virtually non existant Training points, SKy High Agression levels, and near zero experience, resulting in an AI that is innacurate, prone to charging, and liable to make mistakes, (cannon fodder..) were as a "Raptor mercenary" unit class is likely to have a Strong Intellect setting, Full Points (100) for training, Sky High Agression Levels, and Full Experience points, resulting in An AI that is smart, Accurate, will use advanced tactics against you, and will need to be dealt with tactically if you are going to come out of the battle without taking some serious blows to your Health and Armour levels.

also, all my concept art and level maps are in LITERALLY "pencil and paper" format, theres no programmed assets or levels yet. so they are ready to be used once the CORE FPS experience is balanced and correct and to my standards (Wich are very high) so that the developer who gets the IP doesn't end up wasting time that could be spent debugging the game code to ensure it isnt launched full of glitches, doing pencil and paper level and art sketches that should have been done before the Ip was even copywrited!
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2012, 08:00 PM by the dark side.)
09-27-2012, 06:53 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Graphics and physics engines, wich offer what i want? - by the dark side - 09-27-2012, 06:53 PM