Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Graphics and physics engines, wich offer what i want?
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Graphics and physics engines, wich offer what i want?

(09-28-2012, 11:18 AM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Well, basically, all I'm saying is this: With the way you're presenting your project to potential developers, you'll have to make sure that you don't come across as that lazy guy who let's others do the hard work of making his ideas come true. (I'm not saying you ARE - just be careful, 'kay? ) If you want to keep the policy of "my decisions are law, because its my project", well you better make sure you earn and keep the respect of your team by doing actual game design work.
Speaking from personal experience, although all I've really done are Flash games, and mods, working on your own vision of a game to realize it is infinitely more satisfying than having it ALL done by other people. This way not only are you working/helping to complete it, but are also sculpting your own vision with your own hands, which will most likely represent what you set out to create most faithfully in the first place.

I doubt this can apply well at larger projects, but the above is why I prefer to work on my work myself, and only request help for things I cannot do, or things that have quality which are objectively judged which don't have much to do with the creativity of a game, for example generic background models/items.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
09-28-2012, 12:42 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Graphics and physics engines, wich offer what i want? - by Kreekakon - 09-28-2012, 12:42 PM