Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Graphics and physics engines, wich offer what i want?
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Graphics and physics engines, wich offer what i want?

hello. i am really gratefull for all the concern and advice Smile it really makes me feel appreciated.

yes, ill definatly see if i can get one of my interested devs to make a prototype, if not, well, ill get some freelance modders in, now, i don't have an issue with not having experienced devs, due to legal reasons i CANNOT tell you who is looking, but i can give some bits on there experience, one has been around since 1985, another spawned from 3d realms and has made several award winning fps games, one created, under there old name, 2 of the greatest FPS games of all time!, one is a champion of the indie FPS industry, and one has 2 award winning spy games under there belt from the early 2000's. the big issue i have with the publishers is that my game is a BRAND NEW IP, and its a niche market game owing to the fact it doesnt have MP, its Exclusive to PC, and its has "throwback" gameplay. most publishers want "modern shooters" like Battlefield 3, were as my game is closer to SOF II with the "recoil simulation" turned OFF crossed with the Stealth of NOLF 1 (including levels were you are Not allowed to hurt anyone, not even punch them!).

ill show a vid, now, this is from youtube, its of SOFIi, and the game files have been modded by the owner (the m1911 has a supressor it doesnt have in the Stock gameplay, and the incorrect Springfeild M3a1 "grease gun" of standard has been replaced with a Faction Correct AK47, annoyingly though, the user has also replaced the brilliant Frank Bica scored "O.S.T" with some muck by "the prodigy", shame on them.) my own SOF II is a standard "gold edition" with no mods, so its not me playing, but the video pretty much shows HOW my game plays gameplay wise in a Shootout Situation.

ignore the animation though please, my game is different as it has the charachter always "rack" the gun (pull the charging handle), even on a mid-clip reload, were as mullins only racks the ak47 and not the m1911 in the video.

well, i dont know if im a decent game designer or not, i wont know unless i ever get this one published, but i think i could have what it takes. i can create a really engaging story, ive had some short stories published in magazines in the past, and i got a Penquin young writers award when i was in high school. i do a Lot of dungeons and dragons "game master" stuff, so im used to telling a story in a game environment, and ive done some pretty good maps for timesplitters 3 in the past, (got an award for one, but wasnt hired by FR because i was too young (only 14!), and by the time i was old enough, free radical had become crytek uk and i REFUSE to make "modern" gameplay games like Evil Alliance demands they make so i sadly had to politely decline) so, i think i might have the chops to make a decent one. i dont think ill ever be as good as someone like Sam Houser, John Romero, or whoever the mysterious "Fork Parker" really is, the true great game designers, but, ill settle for decent.

now, dont worry Hirnwirbel, i am not lazy, the only things i am passing on are the thingas i simply just CANNOT do myself, but i am more than willing to get stuck in with a little training. like i said, i dont know how to code, but, if there isnt TOO much maths (as im not very good at maths), im willing to learn, you see, i am fascinated by the whole game production process, so im not just going to sit back and leave it to others, because i want to get stuck in so i can learn more about how games are made, I can do texture modelling, ive done it before, and ive got an obsessive eye for detail wich will certainly help, i'm a fair voice actor, i can do a very good EX KGB general, so im willing to do Voice over for that kind of charachter, and ive already done prototype "pencil and Paper" maps for all the games levels wich should help save some extra time in development.

like you kreekaron, the only things i wont work on are the things i simply Cannot work on by myself, the main things i cannot do myself, and will NEED to pass on to others are the concept art, as my pencil and paper drawing skills are meerly average, but, ive got a mate at deviantart helping there, i cant do the gun-list myself because of the UK laws, so i need a professional weapons Expert there, and i need a true Professional as well, and for the following reasons. 1. to ensure all enemy units have the correct loadout for there unit and factional alliance, F.U.C.E. as i call it. Factional Unit Correct Equipment, and seeing as i think more FPS games need it as i cant think of any that dont suffer from what i call F.U.I.E., Factional Unit Incorrect Equipment, i dont mind explaining in more detail what F.U.C.E. and F.U.I.E are. 2. i want to do LIVE FIRE weapon testing with ballastic dummies, that needs a professional Weapons Expert, as that way the dev team will be able to use the dummies to ensure the GHOUL system renders bullet impact properly, and so we can set up microphones on the range to get Live Fire Weapon noises for third person firing sounds (when the enemy is firing) and a mike attatched to the expert for Live Fire First Person firing sounds (when the player is firing) for truly authentic firearm sounds (wich pc gamers crave!) and 3,. it allows us access to model REAL Military and Customised "Mercenary type" weapons, for 100% accurate texture modelling, as many modern shooters use Airsoft Guns as the Model basis, the textures are often miles off, and i can spot it. as i said, i dont know how to code yet, so ill have to pass that over as well, the rest, well, i can do the rest personally.

oh, and ive already decided that, because i want the devs to focuss purely on the campaign I am going to do the UI personally.

i am certainly going to do the playtesting myself hirnwirbel, as i want to make sure the game is up to MY standards, wich are pretty elite! and the only way i can do that is to play it along with the dev team! it also means that I will be able to play the game, PERSONALLY and PROPERLY at game shows, wich ALWAYS leaves gamers impressed as it shows the Development head cares not about money, or image, but the GAME and His fellow gamers, as it shows them the development head is a gamer, one of them!.

its my game, and i really care about it, ive stuck with it throuugh 5 years of publisher denials! so i want to be involved with is as much as possible.

by the way, can you help here hirnwirbel?, can you explain balancing to me in SINGLE PLAYER terms,( the game has NO multiplayer until game 2, and then its co-op and not competative, like NOLF 2, its a lease condition) and how i can acheive it without Nerfing the guns, there is nothing worse than picking up an Ak47 and finding it has all the power of a pop gun (real 7.65x32 soviet FMJ is powerfull enough to rip a limb off!), or loading up a Makarov 9x18 Chambered PP19 ("bizon 2") to find its only got 55 rounds (instead of 64) because the guns have been nerfed to be fairer in competative MP, the only real nerf ill keep is the "extended reloading animations" because, i think they look COOL! and so do many other gamers, so that will help boost sales.

now, ive noticed some people are hating on the game becasue they think its going to be a WAR game,. it has been described by the haters as "a horrible sh**storm of bullets and rockets, battlefield3 with serious sam's gameplay" (although i would LOVE to play that!, i can see why others would hate it!). well, that assumption is wrong, my game is NOT a war game, ill tell you what it really is in another post, i would say now, but,. this is starting to become too big a post again.

ciao for now. TDS.
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2012, 09:24 PM by the dark side.)
09-28-2012, 07:48 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Graphics and physics engines, wich offer what i want? - by the dark side - 09-28-2012, 07:48 PM