Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The game time forgot: Thief The Dark Project (and the sequels)
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10
RE: The game time forgot: Thief The Dark Project (and the sequels)

Thief 1 - The Dark Project: To be honest, the game mechanics are laid out in this one. It's more confusing than it is playable. It is way too easy to get lost. I've spent easily an hour on the second level itself just wandering around, being lost. I couldn't get into it. Made it to the third level and just quit due to being lost. Movement is also kind of clunky and awkward. Not a bad game, mind you, just rather tough to get into.

Thief 2 : This is where it gets good. I love this one. It improves everything that the first one had troubles with. Map layout, AI, combat, stealth. Just an all-in-all improvement, in my books. If you plan on getting into the Thief series, I recommend this one. It's my favorite, by far.

Thief 3: I have a mixed opinion on this one. On one hand, it's very well done. There's a graphics improvement as well as improved AI. Stealth options are increased drastically and the missions are rather unique. The infamous Cradle level also exists here. You don't really expect a horror based level in a stealth game, but I feel that they made it quite well. However, I encountered quite a few bugs that could have used ironing out, particularly one where the game crashed while I was saving, and had to restart the whole game due to my save file becoming corrupted. A bit of a pain.

All in all, the Thief games have a pretty solid storyline that's more of a "Pleasant addition" to the stealth gameplay. Good games, and I enjoy them completely.

10-02-2012, 10:12 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: The game time forgot: Thief The Dark Project (and the sequels) - by Obliviator27 - 10-02-2012, 10:12 PM