Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Do you prefer visual arts or music?
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Do you prefer visual arts or music?

(10-14-2012, 10:37 AM)Bridge Wrote: Music doesn't need analysis. If you truly think it does you've been tricked by people who don't know a thing about music.
I think you're describing a consumer's approach to art (not in a derogatory sense, mind you; by consumer I mean just that - someone observing a piece of art rather than creating it). Delving into the details and technicalities behind a piece of art will usually do little to increase the enjoyment you receive from it, in fact some people (myself included) would argue that this would ruin the experience.

But among creators of art, analysis holds a high and rightfully deserved place. There is tons of theory going into the creation of both visual art and music. In some way, with how much artists and musicians know about their medium, analysis is unavoidable. Understanding exactly what makes you love a painting or a musical piece helps you become a better creator yourself.

^,^

^(;,;)^
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2012, 03:48 PM by MyRedNeptune.)
10-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Do you prefer visual arts or music? - by Froge - 10-14-2012, 08:44 AM
RE: Do you prefer visual arts or music? - by MyRedNeptune - 10-14-2012, 03:47 PM
RE: Do you prefer visual arts or music? - by Adny - 10-14-2012, 06:50 PM