Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Anybody know what horror games are coming in 2013?
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Anybody know what horror games are coming in 2013?

(11-07-2012, 10:22 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: Erie has a good basic concept (of monster chases), but it needs much better mapping for it to work. Turning narrow corners only to bump into a jumpscare, isn't good gameplay, and neither is mapping so stale that the main tool is a spraycan to be able to tell areas apart. I'm sure that some real life areas can be just as stale, but the player will get bored of it.
Also Erie is like Slender: It has some written story, but it only features a single game mechanic: Running from a monster. That's as complex of a challenge as Minesweeper.
Good luck to the kickstarter, but I don't think the programmers are skilled enough to develop Erie into a good game.
Are you serious? May I remind you that Penumbra started out as basically the same thing. Saying that the programmers are not skilled enough to make it into a good game is really pessimistic. Personally I am impressed with what they have done so far, especially the way you read notes (which is far more immersive than anything FG have done so far). Anyway, I hope you realize that using the spray paint as a method of trailblazing is the point of the game. These are just the early stages, they will certainly come up with better maps before it is formally released, but the point is you wandering through hard to distinguish areas trying to survive. I actually think it is quite ingenious, and certainly a first in gaming.
11-07-2012, 11:02 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anybody know what horror games are coming in 2013? - by Bridge - 11-07-2012, 11:02 PM