Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discussion about the Darkness
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46
RE: Amnesia Custom Story: The Darkness

Honestly, it's a bad trailer. There's no story, no rhythmical changes, no idea... just a bunch of meaningless "look what's here" and "look what's there" and there's nothing to look at, just usual ceiling and floor and a pack of torches. You shouldn't call it a trailer. It's not. It's... hmm... I don't know. If you could call it an Announcement or something like that... but trailer. Trailer is a short story and a very tricky one... well, it's a long talk what is a good trailer...

Why am I saying this to you? Because your Custom Story might be the best! Really!!! And you by your own hands just ruining an impression with that... that video. You better hide it somewhere and present your work in a more intriguing way. And don't get me wrong. I am not against you. No way. I am just trying to give you an advice. No less, no more. If you can't make a good trailer than don't do it. Just make an album of fantastic screenshots. That's just for example. But please man don't ruin the impression about your CS with such a videos. It's more dangerous than you could imagine. Bad advertising can ruin the whole enjoyment. It's better not to advertise at all than make it badly. I mean it, I know what I'm saying.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2012, 02:33 AM by Alex Ros.)
11-15-2012, 02:30 AM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
Discussion about the Darkness - by SpheRe - 11-14-2012, 10:19 PM
RE: Amnesia Custom Story: The Darkness - by Alex Ros - 11-15-2012, 02:30 AM