Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Importing mesh into model editor problem
crisosphinx Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Importing mesh into model editor problem

(11-23-2012, 05:27 AM)Acies Wrote:
(11-23-2012, 05:08 AM)crisosphinx Wrote:
(11-23-2012, 04:59 AM)Acies Wrote: Make sure all of the objects pivot points are located at (X, Y, Z) 0, 0, 0 in Maya. Simple select all objects go to (top menu) Mesh --> Combine, then Mesh --> Separate. Export again.

Edit: GJ :]

You don't really need to separate them unless they move/ sway. Since it's a wall piece, it's ok for it to be all combined.

I constructed the tutorial to have 2 diffuse maps, in which it would be good practise to separate the meshes - otherwise HPL2 won't read the textures properly :]

Edit: It's okay to keep the wooden parts combined though. Just keep in mind - one texture per mesh.

General rule of thumb is to not use more than 1 diffuse texture map. Otherwise, it starts to get messy and bad. If it's one model, try to use one UV/textural diffuse, spec and normal/bump map. Yes... sometimes you have to sacrifice color and textural space for just getting another model in there... :[

It's part of the reason why Warmacha11 had so many problems (when he asked for my help, seeing all those diffuse maps with little detail on them made my head spin and I was about to choke a b**ch).

Animation and Rig questions -> crisosphinx@yahoo.com

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
11-23-2012, 05:45 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Importing mesh into model editor problem - by crisosphinx - 11-23-2012, 05:45 AM