Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Who are your favorite authors and Why?
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16
RE: Who are your favorite authors and Why?

(11-23-2012, 05:31 PM)Statyk Wrote: I honestly wish I had the patience to read. The only times I read a book was for school, and most of them are not interesting, which is why I think most kids don't read nowadays. They feed us the more confusing, poorly plotted stories, and we think "Are they ALL like this?" It kind of sucks, honestly. Though there were some good ones out of the few that I read
Do you read Short Stories? Given your clear respect for story and plot(otherwise you wouldn't be a moderator of Frictional Fucking Games' forums) you may find enjoyment in these. I refused to read anything until I was in Third Grade, at which point I discovered GooseBumps. It took only three months for me to tear through every book by R.L. Stein in the library, and when new ones came I was the first to grab them, but the other children needn't fuss; the books were always returned by the end of that same day. I guess I just needed something to be interested in - good news for my mother, since she herself was a self-taught reader at the age of two. She must have thought I was illiterate.

When I was at the end of my third grade year, I read The Story of King Arthur and His Knights of the Round Table, an eleventh-grade book, in a single week-end. Before I found my "Gateway" into literature I thought it all to be boring and dull, but I now respect many forms of writing; my appreciation has grown vast with intellectual maturity. The same may be possible for you, just find an interest, and a truly worthwhile author to fulfill it.

If you want down to earth Sci-Fi, then I suggest Roboapocalypse. But an absolute masterpiece would be The Illustrated Man. Fucking read it.

(11-23-2012, 05:43 PM)Acies Wrote: I'd recommend reading "The Impressionist" if you haven't read it.
What's it about? If that's asking to spoil -- what's the genre?

RockBand, you have peaked my interest; I will check out this Cassandra Clare.
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2012, 07:13 PM by failedALIAS.)
11-23-2012, 07:11 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who are your favorite authors and Why? - by failedALIAS - 11-23-2012, 07:11 PM