Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Who are your favorite authors and Why?
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10
RE: Who are your favorite authors and Why?

When I was a kid, this book series was the shit.
[Image: tumblr_mcd488HvxL1rhxgwfo1_400.jpg]

I read quite substantially before getting into computer gaming. After that...well, I do pick up a book now and again, but not very often. Especially since my parents had quite the diverse library and I haven't lived with them for some time.

However, I would say one of my favorite authors is R.A. Salvatore. His fantasy works are fantastic, and I find myself particularly drawn to his stories involving Drizzt Do'Urden.

J.R.R. Tolkien is a splendid writer, and The Hobbit is probably my favorite book of his to date. I honestly struggled to get through The Fellowship Of The Ring, as I oftentimes got bored with the way scenes would seemingly drag on and on.

Garth Nix's Sabriel series was also an interesting read, as he explored necromancy and how it was performed in his universe.

But I don't read a whole lot anymore. Well, fiction, at least. I consistently read the newspapers and news articles online, so I think I have my bases covered.

11-23-2012, 07:51 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who are your favorite authors and Why? - by Obliviator27 - 11-23-2012, 07:51 PM