The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Resurrecting Threads: New Accounts, Please Read
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50
Resurrecting Threads: New Accounts, Please Read

I know this is not the right category but it is the one that will get the most attention so I put it here. I thought the forum needed this.

As of late I have seen a lot of old threads brought back from the dead by newer accounts. People may have said that you have "resurrected" a thread. This means that you have posted on an old thread. As this is not officially on the rules thread, confusions may occur. Bumping (bringing to the front page) an old thread is highly looked down upon and it is encouraged to not do so. To figure out whether a thread is old or not, look at a person's avatar, then look downward and you will see a date. Today is December 4th, 2012. If it were January 23rd, 2013, and this thread was brought back up, this would be resurrecting a thread.

I've noticed a big problem lately and have come up with a single way to counteract it. Look for the date. If the post is, at a minimum, one month old, this is considered a "dead" thread. You should not post in this thread. There is an exception for certain dicussions. Members will then get angry for starting a new discussion thread instead of posting in the older but still existing thread.

tl;dr - If the post is a month old or longer, do not post in it unless you have something to contribute. Do not purposefully bring back an old thread with nothing to add to it.

Hopefully this helps with some of the confusion regarding older threads, and maybe the resurrection rates will decrease? Smile

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2012, 02:03 PM by Zaffre.)
12-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Resurrecting Threads: New Accounts, Please Read - by Zaffre - 12-04-2012, 03:22 PM