Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia dark descent vs penumbra black plague
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: Amnesia dark descent vs penumbra black plague

Bridge, that's not the meaning of conflict I wanted to describe. I mean an enemy conflict, you mean the story conflict with Alexander and all that behind.
Let me explain, why the monsters are no enemies:
An enemy is when you have to shoot the level 3 Boss' head off to end a battle and open next level.
But Amnesia is not a fun game, the monsters are no enemies placed in to fight back and get praised to become stronger and stronger to be the superhero in the end. In Amnesia it's not the classical meaning of an enemy, this is why Amnesia is unique. Enemy is just not the correct word.

I remember a further thing for the thread poster:
One of the most important things what makes Penumbra better than Amnesia is the interaction with thoughts of the player by right mouse where you can examine objects and the environment. That was immersing! And also that the texts are written like "I must, I should do, It seems like, ..." instead of the Amnesia texts "You must, You have to, Find a way out, ...".
In Penumbra the texts are thought or written by the player himself, while in Amnesia the texts are more like hints by the computer or a third person. That was the most fail of the game and break the immersion enormous down.
12-18-2012, 09:25 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia dark descent vs penumbra black plague - by Googolplex - 12-18-2012, 09:25 PM