Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

A little disappointment after announcement of new Amnesia
includeownage Offline

Threads: 1
RE: A little disappointment after announcement of new Amnesia

I think it all depends on writers imagination and creativity. Legends and myths are passed on so the point isn't really valid. Like Penumbra proved.

Also the security net should have the opposite effect. Strip it and you can create strong anxious feeling. Like in most horrors and thrillers - deaf phones, not working cell phones etc. Plus it also depends on where the story goes. In my country it's not easy to get weapon for an average person. I believe that is the case in most and if not all european countries.

So I really don't think it really matters when it comes to creating a horror specific game.

The scenario you brought up actually fit very well with Amnesia. The paranormal one. Like all the other can also fit in the industrial. There is really little that can be "invented" when it comes to general story line of horror. But you forgot one major thing. That humans can be scary. HPL engine can be a great ground for a criminal (thriller) horror game.

I generally felt that Penumbra series were learning process of Frictional Games. Overtune was great but Black Plauge changed. You could no longer fight and it was even better. When I played Amnesia it was another lenght better then previous game.

What they give us now is the same Amnesia but with different monsters, general story and characters. Of course that's only predicting as the game is not even here.

Still if it's similiar to first Amnesia I won't complain. It's a great game and I expect nothing else from pigs.
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2013, 03:30 PM by includeownage.)
01-22-2013, 03:29 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: A little disappointment after announcement of new Amnesia - by includeownage - 01-22-2013, 03:29 PM