Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

"The most exciting RPG games you've ever played"-thread
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: "The most exciting RPG games you've ever played"-thread

I honestly think JRPGs are really really bad. Mainly because they most of the time (with a very VERY few exceptions) are streamlined, linear, one-button mashing fests that take you an average of 50 hours to complete, which is astoundingly long and dragged out for a game of such nature, I haven't played one whole JRPG (except FF2, mainly because of the character development) because they are tedious and the storytelling is more complex than the story itself really is, which is typical for Japanese narration as far as I'm concerned, and I'm not a huge fan of it.

I feel the game is patronizing me when it explains every single detail about things that I can perfectly comprehend on my own without a stupid narrator to tell me that the guy on the screen used his fist to physically hurt another guy by moving it in a fashion that involves speed and force (damn it's getting onto me) to inflict damage to the said guys torso.

Oh and not to mention the grindfest, don't get me started on that, JRPGs involve more grinding than any MMO combined twice, and that's not all, in JRPGs you MUST grind to progress, in MMOs, at least you can progress in a steady pace and only to get the little extra (like better stuff for your guy), you must grind, but not to actually progress in the game storyline, see where I'm going with this?

I could go on about how much I despise JRPGs but I think I've ranted enough for tonight lol xD

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
02-07-2013, 01:09 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: "The most exciting RPG games you've ever played"-thread - by eliasfrost - 02-07-2013, 01:09 AM